Law for Dentists
As a leading provider of high quality legal services to dental practices, we can advise on all aspects of the legislative framework which regulates dentistry, as well as being able to provide legal representation on contractual documents and variations.
With several years of advising dental practices in London and Rickmansworth, our specialist experience enables us to offer relevant advice in a number of other general areas of practice:
Due to the new contracts introduced for NHS dentistry in April 2006, all practices doing NHS work must now consider how units of dental activity are to be delivered by principals and associates alike to avoid the consequences that might result from under performance.
- Practice agreements and associate agreements
- Advice on issues arising under your NHS contract
- Dealing with appropriate procedures necessary to transfer your NHS contract on sale
Purchase and sale of dental practices
We have extensive experience in the purchase and sale of practices and the practical steps surrounding practice retirement procedures.
- Preparing the Heads of Terms
- Negotiating the contract and dealing with staff and property matters
- Transfer of NHS contract
- Practice purchases
- Preparation of sale, including keeping information about your practice confidential, limiting your liability
- Surgery leases
Partnership agreements and expense sharing
We can help with preparing agreements to deal with partnership and expense sharing arrangements and advising on buy-out provisions.
- Shared practice premises, equipment, employees and/or other expenses
- Expense sharing agreements - to avoid disputes and provide certainty
- Rights and responsibilities of partners - as governed by the agreement which exists between them and/or the Partnership Act 1890
- Profit sharing arrangements
- Partnership issues in cases of retirement or death of a partner
We will discuss with you the requirements for your partnership and draft an appropriate agreement specific to your needs and requirements.
We have a dedicated employment team able to provide a range of advice on employment issues including contracts of employment, disciplinary and termination procedures, discrimination law and other intricate problems occurring during the employment relationship.
- Dispute resolution and representation in Employment Tribunals and court if necessary
- Advising on the statutory requirements for employment contracts
- Drafting contracts and employment policies
- Advising on associate agreements
- Drafting effective binding-out provisions
Partnership disputes and dissolution
We always encourage our clients to take appropriate measures to limit the likelihood of disputes arising. However, invariably some practices will at some point find themselves faced with a dispute involving partners and/or employees.
- Negotiations and settlements when partners retire voluntarily or compulsorily
- Advice on internal partnership disputes, dissolutions and expulsion of partners
- Acting on behalf of partnerships and individual partners in ADR, mediation, arbitration and court proceedings
- Advising on the enforceability of restrictive covenants, including acting to obtain injunction applications
Contracts for services with hygienists
In addition to the services we provide on Employment Law (link below), our Employment and Regulatory team is happy to advise on Associate and Hygienist Agreements and the legal issues surrounding them.
Listed on the British Dental Association Directory (as recommended by BDA Members